Youth Basketball Program
Check back in September 2021 for information on the 2021-2022 season.
Return to Play Plan - Youth Basketball (Updated 11/17/2020)
Register online here.
Interested in coaching a team?
Note: Volunteers must submit clearances to the Mt. Lebanon Recreation Office prior to approval to coach. Click to view Mt. Lebanon Municipality's policy regarding volunteer background clearances which are mandatory for anyone having contact with children. For more information, contact the Mt. Lebanon Recreation Department at 412-343-3409.
Mt. Lebanon Residents ONLY.
Boys and girls grades 2-8, for the 2021-2022 school year.
Girls and boys are in separate leagues.
Grades may be combined based on the number of registrations received this year.
November 2021 - March 2022
Games and practices will be scheduled on weekday evenings and weekends pending gym availability.
- 2nd and 3rd grade boys and girls start: TBD
- 4th and 5th grade boys and girls start: TBD
- 6th grade boys attend draft day on: TBD (Time). Practices start: TBD
- 6th - 8th grade girls attend a draft day on: Saturday, TBD (time). Practices start: TBD
- 7th & 8th grade boys attend draft day on: Saturday, TBD (Time). Practices start: TBD
- All coaches will notify players of the team they are on and their schedules.
2nd & 3rd grade: TBD
4th-8th grade: TBD
Mt. Lebanon School District gyms
Early Bird Fees
- 2nd - 3rd grade - $76.00 (Last Day for Early Bird Fee: TBD)
- 4th - 8th grade - $86.00 (Last Day for Early Bird Fee: TBD)
- 2nd - 3rd grade - $86.00
- 4th - 8th grade - $96.00
Teams will be formed based on the number of participants and coaches. Based on registration, some grades may have to be combined. Every effort will be made to form teams according to neighborhood schools for 2nd-5th grades only. We cannot guarantee all players will be from the same school. 6th-8th grade teams are formed by a draft system of which every player makes a team. Lower baskets are used for 2nd and 3rd graders. Ball sizes are determined by grade level and gender.
Draft Day 6th-8th Grade Boys and Girls
(See times listed above and on the informational flyer)
Find more information about registering for Recreation Department activities.