Youth Basketball Program
Return to Play Plan - Youth Basketball (Updated 11/17/2020)
Register online here.
Interested in coaching a team?
Note: Volunteers must submit clearances to the Mt. Lebanon Recreation Office prior to approval to coach. Click to view Mt. Lebanon Municipality's policy regarding volunteer background clearances which are mandatory for anyone having contact with children. For more information, contact the Mt. Lebanon Recreation Department at 412-343-3409.
Mt. Lebanon Residents ONLY.
Boys and girls grades 2-8, for the 2020-2021 school year.
Girls and boys are in separate leagues.
Grades may be combined based on the number of registrations received this year.
November 2020 - Feb/March 2021
Games and practices will be scheduled on weekday evenings and weekends pending gym availability.
- 2nd and 3rd grade boys and girls start: Week of November 9, 2020
- 4th and 5th grade boys and girls start: Week of November 16, 2020
- 6th grade boys attend draft day on: Saturday, November 14, 2020 (1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.). Practices start: Week of November 16
- 6th - 8th grade girls attend a draft day on: Saturday, November 14, 2020 (12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.). Practices start: Week of Nov. 16
- 7th & 8th grade boys attend draft day on: Saturday, November 14, 2020 (2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.). Practices start: Week of Nov. 16
- All coaches will notify players of the team they are on and their schedules.
2nd & 3rd grade: Saturday, November 1, 2020
4th-8th grade: Friday, November 6, 2020
Mt. Lebanon School District gyms
Early Bird Fees
- 2nd - 3rd grade - $76.00 (Last Day for Early Bird Fee: 10/25/2020)
- 4th - 8th grade - $86.00 (Last Day for Early Bird Fee: 10/25/2020)
- 2nd - 3rd grade - $86.00
- 4th - 8th grade - $96.00
Teams will be formed based on the number of participants and coaches. Based on registration, some grades may have to be combined. Every effort will be made to form teams according to neighborhood schools for 2nd-5th grades only. We cannot guarantee all players will be from the same school. 6th-8th grade teams are formed by a draft system of which every player makes a team. Lower baskets are used for 2nd and 3rd graders. Ball sizes are determined by grade level and gender.
Draft Day 6th-8th Grade Boys and Girls
Saturday, November 14, 2020
(See times listed above and on the informational flyer)
Find more information about registering for Recreation Department activities.