Senior League House Rules
- This League is a “non-checking” league. If you don’t wish to comply, don’t participate. A minor, major or game misconduct penalty will be assessed, if the officials deem the body check as intentional. “Riding” a player off the puck is permissible.
- Players must be 25 years old to participate in the league.
- All players must wear full equipment including an ice hockey helmet with full or half shield face mask, shoulder pads, shin guards, elbow pads, ice hockey gloves, hockey skates and girdle or ice hockey pants.
- Only registered Senior League players are permitted to participate in league games.
- If a team is short-handed players, they may invite other currently registered Senior League players to play for them. The substituting player must have the same skill sets as the absent player. All players from both teams must agree to the supplemental player arrangement.
- Mt. Lebanon Senior League follows USA Hockey rules and standards with some in-house additions.
- Icing in the Senior League is from within the defensive blue line. There is no red line in the Senior League.
- Any player who receives four penalties (minor, major or misconduct) in one game will also receive a one game suspension.
- A minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct shall be assessed to any player that:
a. Openly disputes or argues about any decision made by an official.
b. Uses obscene or vulgar language, including swearing, in a boisterous manner whether or not directed at any one individual.
c. Visually demonstrates any sign of dissatisfaction with an official’s decision.
- If such player persists in any of these behaviors they shall be assessed a misconduct penalty. Further misbehavior will result in a game misconduct and one game suspension.
- Fighting is prohibited. Players who engage in fighting will be immediately ejected from the game and suspended from further participation in league games. Suspensions will range from one game up to the rest of the session or permanent expulsion, depending upon the severity of the infraction. Players will be notified by Dave Hornack of their suspensions.
- Players that do not separate when ordered by the officials will receive unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalties in addition to whatever penalties have already been incurred. Continued misbehavior will result in a misconduct penalty followed by a game misconduct (ejection from the game) if the behavior persists. Game misconduct will also carry a one game suspension.
- Players who do not obey the instructions of an official will receive a misconduct penalty. Further refusal on the player’s part to comply with the official’s instructions will result in a game misconduct. Game misconduct will also include a one game suspension.
- Penalized players will report directly to the penalty box. Failure to do so will result in additional penalties including a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, followed by misconduct and finally a game misconduct. Game misconduct will include a one game suspension.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct within the facility, on or off the ice, will not be tolerated and will result in suspension from participation in further league games. Suspensions will range from one game to the remainder of the session, depending upon the severity of the incident.
- Touching or threatening an official is prohibited. Violations will result in suspension from participating in league play up to permanent expulsion.
- Verbal abuse of the officials will result in a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Persistence in such behavior will result in a misconduct penalty followed by a game misconduct if the abuse continues. Game misconduct will include a one game suspension.
- The League Management reserves the right to institute any rule or policy change it sees fit to facilitate the smooth operation of the league.
- Time outs — Time permitting, and at the discretion of the referees (based on score), there will be one time out per team per game allowed.
- Play Offs — Tie score will result in 5-minute sudden death overtime, five on five. If the score is still tied, a shoot out will proceed, with winner being determined by first unanswered goal.
- Any violation of these rules that results in any suspension from the league is a suspension without a refund.
Whenever possible, the draft selection committee will attempt to accommodate all player, team or buddy match-up requests at the time of the draft. Specific team or player match-ups will not be guaranteed to any player that registers after the draft has been conducted. This is to ensure the balance of the league.