Pet Find Project

Pet Find
Reuniting lost pets with their owners

When South Hills Cooperative Animal Control (SHCAC) picks up a lost dog or cat, they will post its picture and any information it has about the animal on this webpage. Information will remain online until the pet is returned home or turned over to Animal Friends for adoption.

When your pet is lost...
Call 412-279-6911 and report that it is lost
Check This site for photos and descriptions of animals being housed at the SHCAC kennel.

If you find...
A wandering pet, call 412-279-6911


Guardian Angels for Soldiers' Pets, a not-for-profit group whose mission is to help foster pets for soldiers while they are deployed overseas. Prior to the establishment of this organization, upon deployment soldiers had to either pay someone to foster their pets or turn over their pets to the pound.

Recently Found Lost Pet

9-14-14 front B.jpg
9-14-14 B side.jpg
A sweetheart from Upper St Clair Township found wandering on Route 19 at the Clover Leaf of McMurray Road and Mclaughlin Run Road.

Male, neutered, white with brown markings young dog no collar or ID chip found. Very playful and loves to walk his human. Close enough to be a possible cross over from Bethel Park.

Anyone having information on this animal is requested to contact the Upper St. Clair Police Department at 412 833 7503 and request animal control.

9-14-14 side.jpg
9-14-14 front.jpg
From Dormont (and before all the calls start we have a taker if the owner is not found). A young (6 months?) male neutered Pit Bull puppy white with black markings, wearing a lite greenish collar no tags or ID chip found. He was recovered sometime Saturday to Sunday morning by Dormont Police on McNeilly Road, so he could be from the City, Baldwin Twp., Dormont or even Mt Lebanon.

Anyone having information on our newest guest is requested to contact Allegheny County dispatch on their non emergency number 412 279 6911 and request to speak to animal control.

Would like to mention, the fawns are being born presently which seems to be causing
some concern. Residents are asked to leave these new born fawns alone the
mothers only feed them at night and the fawns must spend the day alone, their mothers
are close by even if not seen. IF a fawn is found in a place of inconvenience animal
control will move them to a better location But will not remove them. Notify animal control
if fawns are found covered with flies. Animal Control may be reached through County
Dispatch via the non emergency phone number (412) 279 6911.